Do you want to learn how to crochet a Crochet Cables? Here you will learn how to do it step by step.
Cables are a beautiful way to add texture and interest to your crochet projects.There are many different types of crochet cables, the tutorial below follows a basic design to get you started.
- dc: double crochet
- ch: chain
- fpdc: front post double crochet
- bpdc: back post double crochet
1. Chain 20. Skip 2 ch (this is your turning chain), then work 2 rows of double crochet. These will serve as your foundation.
2. Ch 3, dc in next 6 sts, skip next 3 sts, fpdc into the next stitch.
Repeat this fpdc for 2 more sts. You should now have 3 front-post double crochet stitches that are slanting to the right.
3. Go back to the first of the 3 skipped stitches and fpdc into the 1st, 2nd, then 3rd sts. This will create stitches that slant to the left.
Dc in remaining sts to the end of the row.
4. Turn, ch 3, skip first dc, dc in next 3 dc, bpdc in next 6 sts, dc to end.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 (the cable row and wrong side row) to work the cable pattern.
Good to Know: When you’re crocheting cables, keep your pattern easily available, especially if there are multiple cables. It’s easy to get mixed up as to which way to cross your cables.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook.
Please tagg me in your photos on Facebook and post you final result on my group It’s
SPAM FREE – JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP CLICK HERE
Join me and let’s create an amazing community, sharing crochet and experiences and tips only.
Thanks to Yarnspiration for the article inspiration and featured image.