Crochet a Covered Lamp Shade
Crocheting a covered Lamp Shade is a great way to personalize and add a unique touch to your home decor. Here are a few reasons why you might consider crocheting this:
- Customization: By crocheting your own lamp shade cover, you can choose the yarn color and texture that perfectly matches your decor.
- Affordability: Instead of purchasing an expensive lamp shade, you can cover an existing lamp shade with your crochet work, which can be a more cost-effective option.
- Creativity: Crocheting allows you to express your creativity and design something that is truly one-of-a-kind.
- Coziness: The texture of crochet work can add a cozy and warm feel to your living space, making it a great addition to any room.
Overall, crocheting this is a fun and easy way to add a personal touch to your home decor, while also being a practical and functional project.
Materials you’ll need:
- Lamp shade
- Worsted weight yarn in your preferred color
- Crochet hook (size H-8/5mm)
- Tapestry needle
1. Find an old lamp that needs to be refreshed.
2. Remove any fabric or fiberglass around the lampshade so that all that remains is the iron skeleton.
3. Place the crochets on the ends of your lampshade (measure height and width) and sew them with white embroidery thread.
4. Once you have the pattern you want, start attaching it to the lamp, sewing them to the frame all the way around!
Place the crocheted cover over the lamp shade and adjust until it fits perfectly. You may choose to secure the cover with a few stitches or simply leave it as is.
That’s it! Your crocheted lamp shade cover is now complete and ready to add a cozy touch to your living space.
Join me and let’s create an amazing community, sharing crochet and experiences and tips only.