Annie Crochet Poncho Pattern
Do you want to learn how to crochet a Annie Crochet Poncho Pattern? Here you will learn how to do it step by step.
Hi there, here at Crochet fashion you will find great tutorials, and I have a perfect Annie Crochet Poncho Pattern for you today, it’s a fast and intermediate skill level tutorial designed by Brenda Grobler. Perfect option for winter.
We’re using U.K crochet terms in this tutorial the Ch3 at the beginning of rows count as 1 tr. and materials used for this project are:
- Nurturing Fibres Eco-Fusion 11 balls of 125m/50g in Bordeaux
- Hook: 3.75mm & 4.00mm T
- apestry Needle
19 sts x 11 rows = 10x10cm, using a 3.75mm hook working in main pattern
The post of a stitch refers to the actual BODY of the stitch, and not the two loops at the top of the stitch.
When working the border, on row 2, 4 & 6 you’ll be asked to work ‘in the stitch’. Instead of working in the top loops or around the body of the stitch (like with front or back post
stitches), this requires you to insert your hook THROUGH the actual stitch.
DOWNLOAD THE PDF ANNIE CROCHET PONCHO PATTERN
- Adjust the size to your own personal preferences: The following graph is as per the pattern:
- To change the width (indicated as 80cm) simply work more rows, (or less for a smaller size). Fold in half, pin where the top seam should be, leaving a neck opening, and adjust to personal taste. DO NOT leave a neck opening that is too small. Work on approximately 31 cm (when folded double), but a couple of cm’s smaller or bigger won’t make much of a difference when making a smaller or bigger poncho.
- To make a shorter or longer length poncho, simply increase or decrease the stitch count in increments of 2.
- The Polo neck: work as many or as few round as you like. If you don’t want a polo neck at all, simply work the first dc around and fasten off.
- Border: The border can be made as long as you want. Try the poncho on, once you’ve completed the first 7 0r 8 rows and see if you want to make more rows.
Please tagg me in your photos on Facebook and post you final result on my group It’s
SPAM FREE – JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP CLICK HERE
Join me and let’s create an amazing community, sharing crochet and experiences and tips only.