Amigurumi Bird Tutorial
Do you want to learn how crochet a little Amigurumi Bird? Here you will learn how to do it step by step.
Hi there, here at Crochet fashion you will find great tutorials, and i have a Amigurumi Bird tutorial for you today, it’s a fast and easy tutorial, that was created by Stella Sharafi from Stella’s Yarn Universe.
For this little project all you need to know is how to:
- Chain and single crochet (ch and sc)
- Magic ring;
- Make invisible decreases with sc
This is a fun little project, ideal for intermediate and practiced crocheters. Don’t be intimidated by the color changes. You can also make your Amigurumi Bird in one color only, making it an improving beginner project.
We’re using U.S. crochet terms in this tutorial and materials used for this project are:
- DK/light worsted weight yarn in brown or brown flecked and she used Scheepjes Stone Washed in Brown Agate the regular 30K, not the XL one.
- For the belly we’ll use DK/light worsted weight yarn in beige (She used Rico Creative Ricorumi DK in Mastic)
- And for the beak i’ll use a tiny amount of DK/light worsted weight yarn in camel or orange (She used Rico Creative Ricorumi DK in Caramel)
- 2.5mm/B-1 or C-2 crochet hook
- Then we’ll be needing some fiber fill safety eyes or black embroidery floss if you prefer to embroider the eyes and these are 4mm in diameter;
- Yarn needle, see there’s a stitch marker
- 30cm / 12″ piece of 1mm thick craft wire – Small flat pliers (optional)
In the video she use a 0.8 millimeter thick and we only need maybe 20 centimeters wich is 8 inches maybe a little bit more just in case, but not more than 30 centimeters 12 inches and if you have flat pliers like these like small ones for jewelry or something similar that is helpful for bending the feet into shape. But don’t worry if you don’t have them probably um craft wire this thick should still be able bend it with the hands, so don’t worry too much about it.
Without further ado, let’s get started. Let’s start with the head, get your main color thread
and then let’s start with a magic ring. Use your favorite magic ring method, then in the first round, we’ll make six single crochets on the magic ring.
So far have you liked the clear instructions? Then watch the full tutorial below or Download the Pattern on ravelry!
Please tagg me in your photos on Facebook and post you final result on my group It’s
Join me and let’s create an amazing community, sharing crochet and experiences and tips only.